Chicago by Train 2018
July 16-20, 2018
Starting at $1,299 from Baton Rouge
Escorted by Nancy Horn
Final payment due May 16
Itinerary & Registration
Enjoy Chicago's Shopping and Tourist District
Chicago’s choice tourist location is North Michigan Street, called the Magnificent Mile. That’s where we will be for the majority of 3 days. It’s Chicago’s preeminent shopping and tourist district, close to attractions and restaurants. The Mile begins at the Chicago River near the Wrigley Building and continues north to ritzy Oak Street. There are upscale stores and theaters plus entertainment venues like the ESPN Zone.
Day 1, Monday, July 16 - Motor coach transfer from Zachary & Baton Rouge to Hammond for 2:45 p.m. departure on Amtrak. Dinner included on train. Sleeping roomettes for the night (bed with bath down the hall).
Day 2, Tuesday, July 17 –Breakfast on train. Morning arrival of train in Chicago. Morning “Grand Tour” on guided motor coach, with visit to top of Hancock building.
Day 3, Wednesday, July 18 –Day free for independent activities.
Day 4, Thursday, July 19 –This morning we enjoy a boat tour of downtown Chicago. 6 p.m. departure from hotel for Amtrak station. Train departs at 8 p.m. (dinner on train included).
Day 5, Friday, July 20 –Afternoon arrival home. Enjoy breakfast and lunch on the train. Arrive in Hammond at 1:28 p.m. Motor coach transfer to Baton Rouge and Zachary.
SUPPLEMENTS & REDUCTIONS
Roomette - $600
Bedroom - $750
Coach Seat - $300
- Price is per person, double occupancy and includes round trip Amtrak sleeping roomettes with bunks (private sleeping accommodations - no in-cabin toilet or shower)
- All meals on train (total of 5)
- Transfers and sightseeing
- 2 nights hotel
- Limited availability in deluxe bedrooms at $1,499 per person, coach seats at $999 per person - coach seats do not include meals.
- "Grand Tour" of Chicago
- All taxes and tips for guides, escort and driver (tips on train and for housekeeping in hotel are not included)